Re: Seg Faulting

From: Bradley Andersen
Subject: Re: Seg Faulting
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 15:12:41 -0500

It *is* working now (missed a symlink), I just wonder if I've flaked out on something :)

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 3:00 PM, Bradley Andersen <address@hidden> wrote:
OK,

Silly question now.

I have d/l 0.6.30 and manually installed it on a 32-bit Ubuntu 9.10 machine, seems fine.
Same, but a 64-bit machine.  This one, however:

$ file $(which gnokii)
/usr/local/bin/gnokii: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.15, not stripped

Am I missing something? I plugged in lib64* versions of everything before gnokii compile, and I see no special 64-bit version source laying around.

Thanks,
\bda

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Bradley Andersen <address@hidden> wrote:
Actually,

I was unable to get the Ubuntu repos version, or the manual compile of
> 0.6.27 on Ubuntu > 9.10 working *reliably*.  I am using 0.6.27 on
9.10 on three different machines (none of which I have physical access
to) almost flawlessly for weeks at a time.  Once in a while, however,
this happens - and it happened three times yesterday.

I can recompile with debug if that might help, but I really am leery
of trying anything over 27 on anything over 10 :)

Thanks,
\bda