Re: Nokia 6300 working functionality

From: Victor Engmark
Subject: Re: Nokia 6300 working functionality
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 23:45:54 +0200

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2010/7/10 Pawel Kot:
>> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 14:01, Victor Engmark <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> * writephonebook correctly stores vCard properties TEL (with their
>>> types), EMAIL, NOTE and FN (stored in the phone's "Last name" field). It
>>> does *not* store N, NICKNAME, PHOTO, URL, ADR, ORG, BDAY, TZ, GEO, or
>>> CATEGORIES. Does anyone have tips for updating the code to handle these?
>>> I'm mostly familiar with shell and Python programming.
>
> I don't think that your phone sets TZ or GEO (Nokia 5300, which is S40
> 3rd fp2 like the 6300, doesn't)

OK, thanks.

>> Well, it's a matter of putting this into the frame. Shouldn't be hard,
>> but still some C programming.
>
> yeah, I suggest to start with comparing --raw and --vcard because if
> something works with one and not with the other it means that we
> already know how to handle it; also sscanf() in vcard.c should be
> replaced because it doesn't handle empty fields

Maybe this can be helpful: I tried replacing empty fields with the
character "a" - perl -pe s/\;\;/\;a\;/g\;s/\:\;/\:a\;/g - and using
only ADR;TYPE=HOME / ADR;TYPE=HOME,PREF as in vcard.c, but 0.6.30git
still wouldn't store any addresses.

> vCards are handled in vcard.c:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii.git/log/common/vcard.c

Looking at it, but it may take a while (I'm a C noob).

--
Victor Engmark