smsd: sms.tables.mysql.sql, --inbox and --schema

From: Gustavo Delfino
Subject: smsd: sms.tables.mysql.sql, --inbox and --schema
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:49:26 -0430

Hello, I am back using gnokii/smsd. I now have v0.6.29 working with my Nokia
5130 XpressMusic on 2 computers running Gentoo (a PC and a Mac). I have a few
comments / questions:

1) I noticed that smsd's default database name is "sms" however, in the
sms.tables.mysql.sql file, the commented database statements (which I
uncommented and applied) suggest using a database named "smsd". I guess that
these comments should be changed so that is matches smsd default name.

2) In smsd, what is the --schema option for? In the man page it says:

       -s, --schema db_hostname
              Specify database schema.

There is already another option for the host name so I guess that this is a
typo. If the database is already created, what do I need to specify an schema?

3) In regards to:

       -b, --inbox memory_type
              Where to look for new messages.  For the memory_type you usually
use SM for the  SIM  card
              and  ME  for  the  phone  memory.  The exception are the phones
supported by nk7110 (Nokia
              7110/6210/6250) and nk6510 (Nokia 6310/6510/8310) drivers. For
these you should use IN for
              the Inbox, OU for the Outbox, AR for the Archive, TE for the
Templates and F1, F2, ... for
              your own folders.

I just want to report that for my Nokia 5130 XpressMusic, I had to use the "IN"
value as it would not fetch any messages with "ME" or "SM".

Thank you for writing this great software!

Regards,

Gustavo Delfino