Re: Nokia 6300 working functionality

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Nokia 6300 working functionality
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 19:10:41 +0200

2010/7/10 Pawel Kot:

> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 14:01, Victor Engmark <address@hidden> wrote:

>> * writephonebook correctly stores vCard properties TEL (with their
>> types), EMAIL, NOTE and FN (stored in the phone's "Last name" field). It
>> does *not* store N, NICKNAME, PHOTO, URL, ADR, ORG, BDAY, TZ, GEO, or
>> CATEGORIES. Does anyone have tips for updating the code to handle these?
>> I'm mostly familiar with shell and Python programming.

I don't think that your phone sets TZ or GEO (Nokia 5300, which is S40
3rd fp2 like the 6300, doesn't)

> Well, it's a matter of putting this into the frame. Shouldn't be hard,
> but still some C programming.

yeah, I suggest to start with comparing --raw and --vcard because if
something works with one and not with the other it means that we
already know how to handle it; also sscanf() in vcard.c should be
replaced because it doesn't handle empty fields

vCards are handled in vcard.c:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gnokii.git/log/common/vcard.c