Re: serious memory leak

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: serious memory leak
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:06:38 +0200

2010/6/27 cm7005:

> "gn_error NK6510_GetFileListCache(gn_data *data, struct gn_statemachine
> *state)"
>
> In this function, "map_add" and "map_get" functions are called in many file
> system operations, but the "map_free" and "map_del" functions have never
> been called at all. Will this cause memory leak?

I think there is no leak in the general logic because everything gets
eventually freed next time you call the function after the cache
expired (or when the program exits and that's is detected as a leak):
you can't call map_free() or map_del() before the cache is expired
since that would defeat the very purpose of the cache of being
available for some time after exiting the function; to make
memcheckers happy we would need a cleanup function that frees the
cache

> If I use
> "--getsms IN 1 end" to read SMS in a loop, it will cause Windows 7 dump
> memory blue screen, then I have to reboot.

can you get more information about this?
in the worst case comment out some code to find the line(s) of code
triggering the BSOD

--
Daniele Forsi