lowlevel.c problems

From: Michael Hutchinson
Subject: lowlevel.c problems
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:00:55 +1200

Hello all,

I have recently compiled Gnokii-smsd from source, to get on a later version than what is supplied by Ubuntu package repo’s. This was done in attempt to resolve an error at the console from Gnokii version 0.6.22:

lowlevel.c:410 The current frame isn’t handled by the incoming function.

This problem was forcing me to restart the Daemon, as SMS wouldn’t be transmitted after the error until this had been done.

I looked all around the ‘net and found out very little about this error specific to Gnokii (or I just don’t understand programming). After reading a recommendation to upgrade the software, I found the only way to do this was via compiling the source code.

My server is running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. I compiled version 0.6.28 successfully, and removed the old version via package management. I installed the newer version with “make install” after successful compilation, and made 1 modification to my .gnokiirc file (the path to gnokiid had changed from /usr/sbin to /usr/bin).

After this, sending SMS’s worked (as it always did). With one major difference. I am now getting a different error message at the console:

(it appears randomly).

Timeout in file lowlevel.c, line 449, restarting connection.

Strangely enough, the difference between this error and the one I was getting on the old version, is that the daemon will still send SMS messages after the error, in the new version.

I would really like to stop the lowlevel.c problem though. Can someone please help?

I have attached my Gnokii configuration file to this E-Mail message.

Yours Sincerely,

Michael Hutchinson