RE: smsd and scandinavian characters cut out problem

From: Ari A
Subject: RE: smsd and scandinavian characters cut out problem
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 13:30:02 +0200

Hi,

I did some testing with the git version (0.6.29git, got it last night):

smsd has still the scandinavian letter problem (also character "¤" (shift+4 in finnish keyboard) cuts the message.
Receiving does not cut the message, but the scandinavian characters are not correct in database, Ä turns into ÄThis is not so big problem at the moment, since I can convert the characters to correct form in my other application.

When using the echo "scandinavian chars öäåÖÄÅ" | gnokii --sendsms +number, it works fine.

Attached is the the git version (with _really_ old nokia 6210 + dlr3p cable) output log.

I am also wondering what causes this:
SMS reading failed:
    Invalid location!
gn_sms_get returned error 16: The given memory location is invalid.

I appreciate Your help,

Ari A