RE: another error when gnokii --getsms

From: Vieri
Subject: RE: another error when gnokii --getsms
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:18:29 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

--- On Sun, 8/9/09, Michael Hutchinson <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I'm getting another error when trying to receive an
> SMS message.
>
> You're getting more than one.
>
> > GNOKII Version 0.6.27
> > Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
> > Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
>
> ^^ you might want to fix that for a start.

As far as I know that isn't an error but a warning.
In fact, it's OK because I want gnokii to use the system-wide /etc/gnokiirc.

> > LOG: debug mask is 0x1
> > Config read from file /etc/gnokiirc.
> > phone instance config:
>
> > model = AT
> > port = /dev/ttyUSB0
> > connection = serial
>
> ^^^ Does this make sense? Are you using a serial or USB
> connection? What
> Model of Nokia phone are you using?

It makes sense since I'm using a USB-RS232 adapter. The linux driver of this
adapter creates a "virtual" serial port for each USB connection. So it's just
as if it were a standard serial connection, only it goes through USB.
The driver is stable, the connection is fine.

The model of the Nokia device (which isn't a standard phone but a
"trac"/gateway) is (taken from the debug output I posted):

Nokia Card Phone RPM-3 GSM900/1800

> And this sounds like the same problem you were having last
> time,
> something specific to the vendor of the kit you're using to
> do SMS..
> With something like this, I'd be tempted to go back to a
> default config
> file, and start configuring the device again from scratch,
> using as many
> defaults as possible.

Actually, everything is default except for the following:

[phone_usb0]
port = /dev/ttyUSB0
model = AT
initlength = default
connection = serial
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 115200
serial_write_usleep = 5000
handshake = hardware
smsc_timeout = 60

The problem I had "last time" had a different code for TP-PI.
This is very odd and maybe gnokii could actually receive the message without
aborting with an error because, according to the debug output I sent, it only
fails on "SMS-STATUS_REPORT found".

> Let us know more info.

Please let me know what kind you need.

Thanks,