Re: smsd monitoring for new incoming messages not working with latest CV

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: smsd monitoring for new incoming messages not working with latest CVS version/Nokia 6300
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 18:54:45 +0200

2009/7/14 Jan Derfinak:

> I'm not sure. I smsd get GN_ERR_INVALIDLOCATION it stop reading because it
> thinks that it is on the last postion.

my bad, I didn't look at that, however this improves the situation for
the specific case (Series 40 3rd) and doesn't impact others, the root
problem is that GN_OP_GetSMSFolderStatus has stale information cached

and things can go even worse as I found that the list of files that we
get from the phone isn't sorted by date so SMS numbers might be
different if the cache is invalidated between GN_OP_GetSMS and
GN_OP_DeleteSMS and a new SMS arrived in the meantime

as Pawel wrote, we need a different API
--
Daniele Forsi