Re: gnokii and Nokia Card Phone RPM-3 GSM900/1800

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii and Nokia Card Phone RPM-3 GSM900/1800
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:36:26 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 11:04, Vieri<address@hidden> wrote:
> I see, but shouldn't gnokii wait for the full response to an AT command
> before sending the next one?

In theory it should. But in order not to lock up, it should wait until
given timeout and I think it is the way it does. Obviously it is not
enough for ATZ.

> It seems that gnokii is reading the reply in two steps:

No.

This is the reply for the previous command.

> write: [ATE1<cr>]
> read : [ERROR<cr><lf>]
> The first "read" should have been:

Should have been if the ERROR message was issued within given timeout
for ATZ command.

> Or is it that the device is "breaking up" the reply? But still, shouldn't
> gnokii "validate" the responses before proceeding with the next AT command?

It does. But apparently we ignore errors for ATE1 command. It is not
that important.