Re: chinese garbled sms with --getsms locale utf8chinese

From: Belbe Gaet
Subject: Re: chinese garbled sms with --getsms locale utf8chinese
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 20:24:31 +0800

>Tested successfully for --getsms but still problems with smsd

Thanks a lot for your help!  I just tested the latest CVS this morning and I can successfully read the chinese sms on my phone with gnokii --getsms.
Note:  It works only when I set my locale to  zh_CN.gb2312 but it doesn't work for other utf8 locale.
(it's probably normal, this is maybe the default encoding on the phone)

But i still have the problem in SMSD
I also compiled the latest CVS and try all kind of encoding settings for mysql fields, including gb2312 both CI and Bin and utf8_general_ci and utf8_unicode, but each time the sms taken over by smsd arrive garbled on mysql. (but i can now properly read them with  gnokii --getsms )

Thanks a lot again for your work

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 6:09 AM, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

2009/4/2 Belbe Gaet <address@hidden>:
> here is the file and the wording, thanks again a lot for your help!!

Can you check current CVS? Seems Daniele has fixed that.