IRC questions

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: IRC questions
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 18:33:03 +0200

Hi,

Just to address some common issues that are on IRC.

First, keep in mind that we sleep. And most of us are from CET.

03:43 < gbelbe> hi, I have a problem with gnokii --getsms in Chinese
03:44 < gbelbe> I manage to send sms in Chinese, but while trying to
retrieve sms with "gnokii --getsms IN 1 end" I receive garbled text
for all the chinese sms

If you have any kind of problems be sure to provide debug log. The
debug log is REQUIRED thing for any bug report.

05:32 < Tyrath> in gnokii I get the message: Can't connect: Host is down
05:32 < Tyrath> Telephone interface init failed: Command Failed
05:32 < Tyrath> Quitting.
05:33 < Tyrath> Cannot unlock device.
05:33 < Tyrath> Comand failed.
05:33 < Tyrath> how do I fix this?
05:58 < Tyrath> actually, don't worry
05:59 < Tyrath> if anyone asks you have to put port = <MAC address of
bluetooth device> in the .gnokiirc file

If you would look into the documentation you would know that. If the
documentation is not clear, please point where, we'll fix it!