6020 and MA-8620E Cable

From: Jean Jacques Siebrits
Subject: 6020 and MA-8620E Cable
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:22:30 +0200

Hi all :-)

The only data cable I could find for my 6020 is a MA-8620E from Mobile Action

When I plug it into my Fedora10 machine, dmesg reports this::
usb 2-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=0df7, idProduct=0800
usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 2-1: Product: USB Data Cable
usb 2-1: Manufacturer: MobileAction Technology Inc.

When I look under /dev the following extra devices gets created::
usbdev2.2_ep00
usbdev2.2_ep02
usbdev2.2_ep81

Nothing extra.

My question is what port should I configure in my gnokiirc file for it to see my phone?
I tried all three devices mentioned on top but still get::
GNOKII Version 0.6.27
Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
Couldn't read /root/.gnokiirc config file.
LOG: debug mask is 0x1
Config read from file /etc/gnokiirc.
phone instance config:
model = 6020
port = /dev/usbdev2.3_ep81
connection = serial
initlength = default
serial_baudrate = 19200
serial_write_usleep = -1
handshake = software
require_dcd = 0
smsc_timeout = 10
rfcomm_channel = 0
sm_retry = 0
Connecting
Serial device: opening device /dev/usbdev2.3_ep81
Gnokii serial_open: open: No such device or address
Couldn't open FBUS device: No such device or address
Error in link initialisation: 1
Serial device: opening device /dev/usbdev2.3_ep81
Gnokii serial_open: open: No such device or address
Couldn't open FBUS device: No such device or address
Error in link initialisation: 1
Serial device: opening device /dev/usbdev2.3_ep81
Gnokii serial_open: open: No such device or address
Couldn't open FBUS device: No such device or address
Error in link initialisation: 1
Telephone interface init failed: Command failed.
Quitting.
Cannot unlock device.
Command failed.

Thanks for all the help so far! :-)