Re: Patch to set pid on sms send

From: Josef
Subject: Re: Patch to set pid on sms send
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:45:39 +0100

On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 16:47, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:

> And what is the reason for that? Why did you need it? I wouldn't
> expect gnokii user to know what should they put as the argument.

I primary needed it to test the "Curse of Silence" bug on nokia phones
(pid 50, see https://berlin.ccc.de/~tobias/cursesms.txt)
But it is also useful to send messages that replace the old one (pid
65 , see http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg02055.html)
If you think it is not useful for the users, don't add it. But I think
it is always better to have the option to use something.