Re: How to send multi-SMS by gnokii?

From: Mika Chu
Subject: Re: How to send multi-SMS by gnokii?
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:25:17 +0800

Hi Pawel,

Could you explain more? My command defined like that,

/usr/bin/printf "$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n$SERVICEDESC$\n$HOSTALIAS$\n$SERVICESTATE$\n$SHORTDATETIME$\n$SERVICEOUTPUT$" | /usr/local/bi n/gnokii --config /home/nagios/.gnokiirc --sendsms $CONTACTPAGER$ --long 180 > /usr/local/nagios/var/gnokii.log 2>&1

I checked the log, and still nothing sent by gnokii.

Or I should use awk or something else to send first 160 characters first? It is complex for myself. :)

Thanks.

2008/12/17 Pawel Kot <address@hidden>
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 07:40, Mika Chu <address@hidden> wrote:
> I installed gnokii on a nagios monitor server, CentOS 5.2. By checking the
> nagios log I find gnokii can not send SMS if it is longer than 160
> characters.

It can.

> Is it possible to send multi-sms by gnokii? I used -l option, still not
> work.

It does work.