Re: Samsung SGH-L760 support

From: Julian Sikorski
Subject: Re: Samsung SGH-L760 support
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:03:01 +0100

Pawel Kot pisze:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:17, Julian Sikorski <address@hidden> wrote:
>> a while ago I had a conversation with pkot on the #gnokii IRC channel
>> concerning the support for the said phone. Current situation is pretty
>> good, but it turns out that some crucial options are not working:
>> - smsreader
>
> What exactly doesn't work here?

Well, gnokii does not seem to be aware of incoming messages. What is
more, when a text is supposed to be saved to phone, something happens to
the phone so that it won't receive text until restart. If it is supposed
to be saved to sim, phone is left in a working condition, but text is
not read either.

>> - getsmsc
>
> I'm afraid nothing cannot be done around it.
>
>> - getsms ME
>
> But MT is supported, right? So that should not matter.

Nope, that doesn't work either. Only getsms SM works.

>> I did some usb sniffing tof the windows software/driver, and it turned
>> out it is using obex. Are there any plans of implementing that?
>
> Well, that's a good question. I started implementing it (for Nokia
> series40) some time ago. But that's quite an effort and I run out of
> time. So the real answer is that we need some developer for that.
>
> take care,

Regards,
Julian