gettext tools issue

From: Dave
Subject: gettext tools issue
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 14:48:39 -0800

Hi,
I'm trying to install gnokii on openSUSE 10.3 and I can't get
past ./configure because it tells me it can't load libraries for gettext
even though these libraries are there in usr/local/lib

I've tried --libdir and --prefix, even though I shouldn't need to
because it appears to be looking in the right place.

Has anyone run into this?

Here's where ./configure is erroring out:

checking for xgettext... /usr/local/bin/xgettext
checking for msgmerge... /usr/local/bin/msgmerge
checking for msgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
/usr/local/bin/xgettext: error while loading shared libraries:
libgettextsrc-0.17.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
/usr/local/bin/msgmerge: error while loading shared libraries:
libgettextsrc-0.17.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
/usr/local/bin/msgfmt: error while loading shared libraries:
libgettextsrc-0.17.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
configure: error: GNU gettext tools not found; required for intltool

Thx,
Dave