Calling gnokii.dll function in windows

From: Luciano Napoli
Subject: Calling gnokii.dll function in windows
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 00:17:31 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to Pawel for his indication in using gnokii.dll to make program to
program comunication with gnokii.

I have a problem: I have to use Visual Basic 6 to comunicate with the dll.
The problem is I don't know how to call the function in dll because I don't
what and know parameters to pass.
In Visual Basic to use a dll from c++ I have to do something like this:
Public Declare Sub xyzProcedure1 Lib "gnokii.dll" ()
Public Declare Function xyzFunction1 Lib "gnokii.dll" () As Integer
Public Declare Sub xyzProcedure2 Lib "gnokii.dll" (ByVal hwnd As Long)

Now I discovered the names of the functions in gnokii.dll, there is a lot:
gn_sms_send, gn_lib_get_phone_imei, gn_call_dial, gn_sms_get and many
others.
My problem is what are their parameters of input and output?
I watch inside gnokii file source libfunctions.c but I don't understand. For
example, how to call
static gn_error gn_lib_get_phone_information( struct gn_statemachine *state
)
or
char *gn_lib_get_phone_model( struct gn_statemachine *state )
or
static gn_error sms_send_long(gn_data *data, struct gn_statemachine *state);

What is gn_statemachine  and where I find definition?
What is gn_data?

Please try to explain to a non c++ programmer.
Thanks

Luciano