usb is hanging

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: usb is hanging
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 09:55:14 +0200

Hello again,

I have a strange problem (in my opinion).

Problem is: after _only_ connect the Nokia 6120-C in one computer the
system gets frozen (and before the system hangs if I type lsusb it hangs
too)

It has this USB controller:
00:0b.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP51 USB Controller (rev a3)
00:0b.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation MCP51 USB Controller (rev a3)

Even I loose the network connection, etc.

In other computer everything works perfect.

In other computer (!!) lsusb gets frozen but not the system:
00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host
Controller (rev 80)
00:13.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host
Controller (rev 80)
00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB2 Host
Controller (rev 80)

I know that it's not related with gnokii (when USB works fine, gnokii
works fine) but I thought that maybe you know something about it. Maybe
some USB option?

Thank you,

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x17756391
        http://pinux.info