config problem (low priority bug)

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: config problem (low priority bug)
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 11:34:02 -0400

When I first build gnokii 0.6.26 via ./configure;make;make install, on
my ubuntu 7.10 system, it didn't have any obvious errors, but it
didn't build xgnokii.

After I looked at the INSTALL directions and checked the libraries, it
turned out that I didn't have libgtk2.0-dev installed, and after
installing that, xgnokii built fine.

I don't remember what was on the screen yesterday after I ran ./configure, but
when I found
this morning that xgnokii wasn't there, I looked at config.log, and
the end was similar to the current config.log:

#define HAVE_VSNPRINTF 1
#define HAVE_GETLINE 1
#define HAVE_C99_SNPRINTF 1
#define HAVE_C99_VSNPRINTF 1
#define XVERSION "1.0"
#define SVERSION "1.4.2"
#define SBINDIR "/usr/local/sbin"
#define PREFIX "/usr/local"

configure: exit 0

On the screen this morning, there was a nice summary of what config
had found.  You might want to fix things so that that summary comes at
the end of the log, or to check whether config could report the
problem with the missing libgtk2.0-dev more prominently or helpfully.

--
Laura   (mailto:address@hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

I have only one superstition. I touch all the bases when I hit a home
run.

Babe Ruth