Re: glib dependency

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: glib dependency
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 12:33:39 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Jari Turkia <address@hidden> wrote:
> Pawel Kot wrote:
>

> > >  What about other platforms? Do you have any details regarding which
> > > functions will be used on GlibC?
> > >
> > I mean glib, not glibc. Currently I need hashmap/hashtable functions.
>
>  Sorry about my mistake. To clarify, on my Fedora 8 there are:
>  # rpm -q glibc
>  glibc-2.7-2

Glibc dependency is obviously there as we use standard C library
functions (MSVC has own implementation).

>  # rpm -q glib2
>  glib2-2.14.6-1.fc8

I mean this one.

>  There are suggestions on the Net about Glib2 compiling on MSVC, so it might

Does MSVC provide hashmap/hashtable functions?

> succeed on Windows. I'm pretty sure we need to add Glib into Gnokii
> distribution for the source to be available on those platforms not natively
> carrying the Glib.

That doesn't sound as a good idea. In such case I would just
distribute small library providing hashmap/hashtable functions or
implement them on our own.