Re: gnokii 0.6.23

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.6.23
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:22:01 +0100

Hi,

On Feb 17, 2008 4:25 PM, Leo costela Antunes <address@hidden> wrote:
> Some small things I bumped into while building the Debian packages:
>
> Firstly: wouldn't gnokiid and smsd perhaps be best fit in sbin instead
> of bin? I had been doing this during Debian packaging and since the
> build-system is being revamped I thought it could be a good time to
> suggest a possible change (the manpages are already in section 8, so I
> figured it made sense).

Why they should be in /usr/sbin?

> Secondly: there seem to be some missing "-lglib-2.0" entries somewhere
> in the build system. Compiling with "-Wl,-z,defs" halts on a bunch of
> "undefined symbol" errors, specifically when linking smsd.

glib is needed just by xgnokii and smsd. And I belive configure sets
the flags accordingly.
GLIB_LIBS (for smsd) and GTK_LIBS (for xgnokii) contain it here.

> I'm don't get along very well with autotools, so I couldn't pinpoint the
> exact location of the problem, but the hacky solution of adding
> "LIBS=-lglib-2.0" to the ./configure call fixes this issue, but leaves
> another issue of some missing symbols from include/gnokii/sms.h

What issue?

> Can someone else runs some test builds to confirm this? Any suggestion
> of what I might be doing terribly wrong?

Could you please show configure output? And config log? Do you run
configure script from the tarball? If you generate your own, are you
sure you use *new* autogen.sh script?