Re: Connection problem with Nokia 6234

From: Guido Milanese
Subject: Re: Connection problem with Nokia 6234
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:38:35 +0100

On 04/01/2008, Pawel Kot <address@hidden> wrote:
> You should use 0.6.22 and make sure that just one libgnokii version is
> installed in your system.
> After that please try again and report if the problem persists.
Even worse, I'm afraid. I had 06.18 because it is the version that is
provided by Ubuntu 7.10.
As I said, it was all right in the command line, I had one problem in the GUI.
Tried to compile the new version, got an error message saying that
Bluetooth is not available. Removed that new version, returned to the
original provided by Ubuntu, got again this message:

guido:~$ gnokii --monitor
GNOKII Versione 0.6.18
Couldn't read /home/guido/.gnokiirc config file.
No connection type specified in the config file.

The config file has all the permission OK, of course, and is owned by
the regular user, but anyway nothing changes if I run the program as
"sudo" or even als root.

A 'locate libgnokii ' returns:
/usr/local/lib/libgnokii.so.3.6.0
/usr/local/lib/libgnokii.la
/usr/local/lib/libgnokii.a
/usr/local/lib/libgnokii.so.3
/usr/local/lib/libgnokii.so

Sorry for the inconvenience! May be some obscure file left by the new version?
guido, italy

--
http://docenti.unicatt.it/milanese_guido
http://www.arsantiqua.org