Re: Gnokii on Fedora

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Gnokii on Fedora
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:55:37 +0100

Hi,

On Nov 28, 2007 3:50 PM, Bastien Nocera <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 16:46 +0200, Jari Turkia wrote:
> > Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > > How is that irresponsible? Will I get sued for gross negligence for
> > > doing that?
> > >
> > I don't think anybody here wants to sue anybody.
> >
> > This deep-water flame fishing is not necessary. I just expressed my
> > concern about you giving out bad advice.
>
> Well, I'm the maintainer for gnokii in Fedora as Linus has other things
> on his plate right now, so I think that I'm allowed to feel offended by
> your remarks. And you didn't answer the question as to why it would be
> "irresponsible".

If I may step in. While I think "irresponsible" is too hard word, I
wouldn't recommend to anybody using gnokii 0.6.18. Seriously, we had a
lot of bugfixes since then (yeah, I know you know that ;P). There are
probably some niche users that won't notice any change, but still I'd
suggest to use 0.6.22 (even if compiled by themself; but Jari prepares
daily snapshot-rpms which are IMHO worth using).