Re: Unable to read SMS

From: Akarsh Simha
Subject: Re: Unable to read SMS
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 21:37:45 +0530

Hi

> does it work with model = 6233?

It doesn't work. 6510, and series60 don't work either. How do I find out which
driver is best suited for my phone?

> to know what are the memory names it accepts you need to use a terminal
> program (eg. minicom) to send directly to /dev/ttyACM0 the command
> AT+CPMS=?
>
> An answer like
> +CPMS: ("ME","SM"),("ME","SM"),("MT")
> would mean that both ME and SM are valid, which doesn't seem to be your case

The phone answered something like +CPMS: ( ),( ),( )
Does that mean retreival of SMS is not supported at all?

However, I am able to use memory "ME" to access phonebook entries.

--
Akarsh Simha