Re: install-docs target

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: install-docs target
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:41:00 +0200

Baurzhan Ismagulov wrote:

> I would leave install-docs as it is and add it as a prerequisite for
> install.

this would have the least impact to the Makefile, but is it ok for packagers?

I read in Docs/packaging-howto:

    'make install' does not install documentation - one should use
    each distributions' packaging routines for this job.  If you want
    to install docs via a Makefile use 'make install-docs'.

The make install target also installs the include directory which is needed
only to compile programs that aren't in the main gnokii tarball. Shall we
keep it or add another target?

--
Daniele