Re: --getsms unhandled frames issue

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: --getsms unhandled frames issue
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 09:28:03 +0200

Hi,

On 9/6/07, Christopher Beppler <address@hidden> wrote:
> Pawel Kot schrieb:
> > I'm trying to fix Unhandled frames issue for reading SMS for certain
> > Series40 phones (like 6233, 6300, 6131). Could anyone with such phone,
> > please contact me? I would need some kind of access to that phone to
> > provide a fix.
>
> What do you mean with "access to that phone"? I have a 6131. How may I
> help you?

I mean: I need to be able to modify, recompile and run gnokii on your
computer myself (preparing patches, giving you to test, wait for
results and again takes too much time to be effective).

> > I'm on irc on #gnokii at freenode.
>
> If you like we could meet in the next week to do some "live coding" or
> whatever could beat this problem ;-)

If anyone is willing to do this on his/her own, I have already given
some hints. It has been prooved it gives some results but still
doesn't work as expected -- I haven't found time to investigate it
further.

The preliminary patch was at http://bezsensu.pl/~pkot/series40sms.patch
Additionally to this patch you need to put somewhere near that code:
data->sms_folder->number = 2;