Re: gnokii on fedora fc7 vs fc6

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii on fedora fc7 vs fc6
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 21:09:07 +0200

Hi,

On 8/16/07, Martin Tarenskeen <address@hidden> wrote:
> After upgrading from Fedora FC6 to FC7 gnokii does not work correctly
> anymore. ( "gnokii --identify" returns "Unknown" results )
>
> I know reinstalled kernel-2.6.20-1.2962.fc6 as well as
> kernel-2.6.22.1-41.fc7. If I select the fc7 kernel I have problems. If I
> select the older fc6 kernel when booting my machine gnokii is working fine
> again. So there must be some difference between the fc6 and the fc7 kernel
> that gnokii can't handle ?
>
> I'm using a Nokia 6021 coonected with a CA-42 cable to my Dell
> notebook's USB port.

Please compare output of 'lsusb', 'dmesg' and 'lsmod' command using
both kernels. Apparently kernel module that supports CA-42 cable is
missing in the 2.6.22 kernel or it is not loading automatically. Try
to load this module manually and in either case file a bug for FC7
(module not present or not recognizing your cable).