Re: GN_OP_OnSMS in nk6510

From: Bastien Nocera
Subject: Re: GN_OP_OnSMS in nk6510
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 13:15:07 +0100

On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 14:08 +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 7/4/07, Bastien Nocera <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Because I don't use horrible horrible globals, and I want to provide my
> > own callback data. As in:
>
> Globals are usually horrible but not always :)

Here we have a case when they are :)
The messages are clearly per-object (ie. per-phone), and not "global".

<snip>
> > PhonemgrListener is a GObject, and this sort of construct is usual in
> > signal/callback driven applications.
>
> Fair enough. Just one more question, why do you need this:
> +     void *call_notification_user_data;
>  } at_driver_instance;
> ?

Call notifications, and cell broadcasts notifications should have
user_data as well, for the same reasons. One would pass the user_data to
the setup functions using gn_data -> user_data, but each callback has
its own user_data.

It seemed to make more sense to me, but I can fold it so all the
notifications use the same user_data, although it would make it unclear
where the user_data is set.

--
Bastien Nocera <address@hidden>