Re: Reading new SMS on nokia 6230 over bluetooth on Mac OS X

From: Martin Ritchie
Subject: Re: Reading new SMS on nokia 6230 over bluetooth on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 10:01:36 +0100

On 25/06/07, Jari Turkia <address@hidden> wrote:
Martin Ritchie wrote:
> I was using this of gnokii 0.6.16. This was just a quick script to use
> "--monitor once" to detect when Unread messages have arrived. Then
> --showsmsstatus to detect how many messages are in the mailbox IN.
> Then getsms is used to download all these messages and the unread
> messages detected and processed. Currently the processing is hardwired
> in to the script. In fact the only message that is processed is the
> "reset-modem" message.
>
> Future thoughts for this were:
> - Allow processing scripts to be "loaded" in some fashion detached
> from the main script.
> - Allow monitoring of a folder for outgoing messages.

Ever thought making this as a Perl script? Your semi-complex
shell-scripting would get a lot easier especially on the result
evaluating and processing phase. That would also make your future
enhancements easier.

Regards,
Jari Turkia

I agree doing it in Perl would have been much better. I think
semi-complex is being kind. I didn't think it was going to be that
awkward to start with but as you say using Perl would make future work
easier.

--
Martin Ritchie