Re: Reading new SMS on nokia 6230 over bluetooth on Mac OS X

From: Daniele Forsi
Subject: Re: Reading new SMS on nokia 6230 over bluetooth on Mac OS X
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:51:19 +0200

Martin Ritchie wrote:

> > doing a getsms IN 1 1 retrieves the last received message .. first in
> > inbox but this is a previously read message.

message number 1 is not necessarily the last one received, it depends on the
phone

> > The unread message seems to be stored some where else.

now I think I understand your question: there isn't a memory type for unread
messages, they are in the inbox with a status of "unread" mixed with
those "read" and they become "read" the first you use --getsms on them

depending on your needs the smsd program might be better than gnokii because
smsd runs continuosly and periodically checks for new messages, then stores
them in a database or in a flat file

> 2007-06-14 21:26:46.758 gnokii[1203] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool():
> Object 0x512eb0 of class NSCFArray autoreleased with no pool in place
> - just leaking

> Don't think the
> lack of an auto release pool is a huge thing easy sorted though.

I am not familiar with this thing, but we fixed some memory leaks for the next
release; you might install the CVS version and if the error is still there,
provide the output from valgrind, e.g.
 valgrind --leak-check=full --show-reachable=yes gnokii --getsms IN 1

> Perhaps I'll have a look at the code.. Any suggestions on what I
> should be looking for?

looking at the source for smsd would be easier because it is independent from
a specific phone

--
Daniele