Re: Nokia N 80

From: Willy André Bergstrøm
Subject: Re: Nokia N 80
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 01:33:49 -0700 (PDT)

Étienne Labaume-2 wrote:

> Le Sun, Aug 20, 2006 at 03:31:12PM -0500, address@hidden écrivait:
>> c: Do I buy a bluetooth radio and try again?
>
> I haven't had the time to do it myself. Feel free to try. By the way,
> please note that you and I might be the first to talk on this list about
> connecting a N80 to Gnokii.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Étienne, France

I've got my hands on an N80-1 too, and I've succeeded in connecting it to
gnokii via bluetooth, but that's where the fun stops. Gnokii seems unable to
read contact lists, calendar, sms, all the features I wanted to have. The
only thing that works is sending sms.

version info etc:

address@hidden:~$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.14
IMEI         : 35836xxxxxxxxxx
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : Nokia N80-1
Product name : Nokia N80-1
Revision     : V 05wk33v35.2

.gnokiirc

[global]
port = /dev/rfcomm0
model = AT
rfcomm_channel = 1
initlength = default
connection = serial
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
use_locking = no
serial_baudrate = 19200
smsc_timeout = 10

Not really knowing much about gnokii from before, this config is a result of
trial and error until I got the phone identified using gnokii --identify. I
have no idea if my problems come from a bad config or something, or if it's
simply that gnokii 0.6.14 doesn't play nice with the N80. Their site said
that all newer nokias would be supported through the AT driver, but I'm
wondering if that might not be the case here. Anyway, some help would be
appreciated.

regards
Willy André Bergstrøm
Norway