AW: gnokii smsd startup script & MySQL server has gone away error

From: Jens Ihnow
Subject: AW: gnokii smsd startup script & MySQL server has gone away error
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:22:32 +0200

Hello Ari,

> To question number 2:
> In my case the problem was that the connection to MySQL was
> idle (silent, no
> incoming messages) too long, so MySQL disconnects the connection.

Yes, that could be the problem.

It should be fixed by only connecting the daemon to the database if the
daemon need it.
Ok, that enlarge the connection rate, but thats better then a disconnected
daemon (and lost sms).

> I solved the problem by setting "Interactive timeout" to long
> enough (one
> week in seconds). That setting can be found from network settings

Ok, a good workaround certainly that isn't a final solution (my opinion).

Best reagrds Jens