Re: gnokii status

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii status
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:03:52 +0200

Hi,

On 4/23/07, Jari Turkia <address@hidden> wrote:
Pawel Kot wrote:
> I would like also to make phone and link drivers pluggable (with
> libdl). I am willing to port libgnokii to Pocket PC where memory
> footprint counts, therefore I'd like to shrink it as much as possible.
Ok. That will be handled differently on platforms not supporting libdl
(Win32).

libldtl is portable and is known to work on windows (and I meant
libldtl not libdl).

> And few more words about gnokii future. I feel guilty about the
> current gnokii state (ie. almost no development, not enough popularity
> -- although libgnokii is used as backend in many apps, no phone
There aren't that many active developers, so that one could choose a
project manager from. Also all of them seem to be very busy with their
day jobs (I know I am). Unless somebody wants to step up, you are our
best bet.

I'm not giving up. Just looking someone with more free time and better
motivation :)