Nokia 6680 and gnapplet

From: Lourens Van Niekerk
Subject: Nokia 6680 and gnapplet
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:07:18 +0200

Hi all,

I’m sure this message has been posted a few million times already, but I really need some help.

I have a Nokia 6680 which I would like to get working with Gnokii. I use the Fedora Core 5 distribution of Linux and installed gnome-bluetooth without any problems.

With the gnome-bluetooth browser I can see the phone and it seems as if the Bluetooth section is working fine.

I installed gnokii and xgnokii without any problems and changed the configuration file to match my Bluetooth address and all other settings.

When I try and install the gnapplet utility on the phone, the phone just displays “Security Error” and quits the gnapplet installation.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get past this?

Regards,

Lourens