Nokia 6610i and gnokii 0.6.14 via irda

From: MrJ Man
Subject: Nokia 6610i and gnokii 0.6.14 via irda
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:07:19 -0800 (PST)

My settings in /etc/gnokiirc are "model=6510,
connection=irda" and gnokii --identify returns "Sorry,
this function is known to break your phone (Nokia
phones series 40 v1). Refusing to do it. You may try
to use AT driver. If you are brave enough to test the
driver anyway, please contact developers at
address@hidden See also
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.gnokii/3195";.

I visited the thread and the model referred to is an
older Nokia model. I was just wondering if the warning
was a mistake and if not a mistake whether there is a
way to safely use the mobile phone with the irda
adapter, which is a usb to serial irda dongle
(requires ma600-sir, pl2303 modules). By the way,
downloading files from the phone via OBEX using
kioslaves works without problems.

Regards