Re: gnokii release schema

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii release schema
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 20:32:04 +0100

Hi,

On 11/18/06, "Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" <address@hidden> wrote:
Here's a nicer one(one reason being I hate other than "." in version fields).

X.Y.Z.W

I think it's overkill for such simple project as gnokii.

-------
X = Major version

Rewrite/API change/Current roadmap completed

Backward incompatible API change I belive.

-------
Y = Minor version

Milestone features added
-------
Z = Point version

Increment when more than just bugfixes were done. i.e. non milestone
features added etc.
-------
W = Patch version

Increment each time you fix a series of bugs and are ready to release ONLY
those bugfixes no new features or anything.

In gnokii case there's IMHO no difference between Z and W.