Re: gnokii-users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 17

From: Sandeep
Subject: Re: gnokii-users Digest, Vol 48, Issue 17
Date: 16 Nov 2006 20:08:44 -0000

Andrew,

>Subject: Re: dku2 driver and access!
>address@hidden gnokii-0.6.14]# insmod usbserial vendor=0x0421
>product=0x0802
>insmod: can't read 'usbserial': No such file or directory
>
>Do you have any ideas how to fix this? I suspect the usbserial driver
>is not installed.

You are possibly right. Try to

find /lib/modules/your-kernel-version -name "usbserial*" -print

and see whether usbserial was compiled as a module for your current kernel version (that you can figure out from the output of "uname -a").
It could also be possible that usbserial support was compiled into the kernel (check out corresponding kernel configuration/.config file), in that case also you won't find this module to insmod.

If it was compiled into kernel, output of "dmesg" should be able to give you a hint about it.

Hope it helps.
Sandeep

Want to know more about me? Check out my homepage at http://www.geocities.com/shimple0/ .