problem with gnapplet for Nokia N70 Series60 Symbian

From: Dolf Andringa
Subject: problem with gnapplet for Nokia N70 Series60 Symbian
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 23:21:17 +0200

Hi all,

Thanks for gnokkii, it sounds promising but I've got a problem I hope someone can help me with. I downloaded gnapplet.sis from the gnokkii website and transferred it to my phone using the Nokia PC Suite on a windows machine. I configured gnokii, but when I want to start gnapplet on my phone, it show's the white screen with "gnapplet started" with a blinking cursor beneath it, but then it doesn't do anything anymore. No information on the ports, etc. Just that one line of tekst on the white screen. After like one minute, gnapplet is stopped by itself and the screen returns to FExplorer. I don't know what's wrong. How can I solve this problem. Can I maybe recompile gnapplet? Or is there another way to solve this problem? One comment though, in the gnapplet folder on my phone, there is no gnapplet.ini file. Only a 20B gnapplet.rsc file containing the characters ....#$... Don't know if the information on the internet referring a .ini file in c:\system\apps\gnapplet is old or a file is missing in my version of gnapplet.
Hope someone can help me.
Thanks,

Dolf.