Re: internet config+nokia 3220+DKU-5 cable

From: navaladi a
Subject: Re: internet config+nokia 3220+DKU-5 cable
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 14:58:52 -0400

hi great thanks.Which works well.Really a heartfull help.Also i ve
noticed that the browsing speed i mean page loading is much more slow
slow.Is there any way to increase it.
thx

On 6/10/06, Martin Topping <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/06/06, navaladi a <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,I am running Debian 3.1 using ubuntu kernel.I mean my debian
> has 2.6.8....But Ubuntu 5.1 has 2.6.12...so my Intel High Def. audio
> is dectected by ubuntu kernel Only...
> Okey come to my actuall question...
>
> MY PROBLEM:
> I want to get internet connection through my mobile phone(Nokia 3220)
> with Data cable DKU-5.The actuall drivers for my data cable are loaded
> itself..They are "usbserial" and "pl2303" These loaded by auto
> detected..
> My Airtel phone is GPRS activated.I am using "gnome-ppp" and wvdial"
> But airtel is not using any authendications i mean no username no
passwd...
> so wvdial always looks for username and passwd..So i guess a my name
> as a username also passwd...i know the phone number of airtel is
> "*99***1#
> And then i ran a wvdial...it goes and initialized and Wating for a
> carrier signal..
> it prints an random numbers ...and tells me that carrier failed.
>
> The device created is /dev/ttyUSB0.I linked to /dev/modem..
>
> #ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/modem
>
> The two drivers is enough for browsing internet?
> Should i need any PC-Suite?
> I also tryied kppp which hangs on connecting..?
> kppp's query modem is perpectly tells me the modem type and everything...
>
> AFAIK mobile is detected well..and trying..
> The airtel customer Care people is not aware of  Linux Config..
> me also searched in net..
>
> My BAD luck is...My DKU-5 Cable driver is not loaded by nokia PC-Suite
> 6.8 in WINDOWS XP SP2.
>
> i think my question is clear.thx pls help.

Hi, I use wvdial to use my 3220 as a modem.  My wvdial.conf file is below:

[Dialer Defaults]
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Baud = 230400
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
ISDN = 0
Modem Type = Analog Modem
Phone = *99#
Username = A
Password = B
Stupid Mode = 1

I'm on Orange Uk.  For Orange GPRS you don't need a username or
password.  But notice in the file I have to put Username = A and
Password = B, if I left it blank it wouldn't work.  Also must have
Stupid Mode = 1 or it won't connect.

Hope this helps!!

Martin.