internet config+nokia 3220+DKU-5 cable

From: navaladi a
Subject: internet config+nokia 3220+DKU-5 cable
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 10:39:50 +0530

Hi all,I am running Debian 3.1 using ubuntu kernel.I mean my debian
has 2.6.8....But Ubuntu 5.1 has 2.6.12...so my Intel High Def. audio
is dectected by ubuntu kernel Only...
Okey come to my actuall question...

MY PROBLEM:
I want to get internet connection through my mobile phone(Nokia 3220)
with Data cable DKU-5.The actuall drivers for my data cable are loaded
itself..They are "usbserial" and "pl2303" These loaded by auto
detected..
My Airtel phone is GPRS activated.I am using "gnome-ppp" and wvdial"
But airtel is not using any authendications i mean no username no passwd...
so wvdial always looks for username and passwd..So i guess a my name
as a username also passwd...i know the phone number of airtel is
"*99***1#
And then i ran a wvdial...it goes and initialized and Wating for a
carrier signal..
it prints an random numbers ...and tells me that carrier failed.

The device created is /dev/ttyUSB0.I linked to /dev/modem..

#ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/modem

The two drivers is enough for browsing internet?
Should i need any PC-Suite?
I also tryied kppp which hangs on connecting..?
kppp's query modem is perpectly tells me the modem type and everything...

AFAIK mobile is detected well..and trying..
The airtel customer Care people is not aware of  Linux Config..
me also searched in net..

My BAD luck is...My DKU-5 Cable driver is not loaded by nokia PC-Suite
6.8 in WINDOWS XP SP2.

i think my question is clear.thx pls help.