Re: Compiling Gnokii with Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Compiling Gnokii with Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:59:27 +0200

Hi Robert,

On 4/25/06, Robert Thomson <address@hidden> wrote:
Thought I'd share some information I've gathered on compiling gnokii for
windows.

Thanks a lot for this report!

make a couple of changes to some source files; Line 177 of
<path>\gnokii-0.6.11\common\links\atbus.c fails to compile because the
variable start is declared and used on the same line. Put "char * start;" at
the beginning of the function and then remove the char * from the beginning
of line 177.

Is it fine to move it to the beginning of the block, not the beginning
of the function? Such change is already in CVS.

Line 250 of <path>\gnokii-0.6.11\common\nokia-decoding.c call the timegm
function which isn't available under windows (at least with the microsoft
libraries). I substituted "mktime(&tm_time);" for  "timegm(&tm_time);" I
don't believe that this is an adequate replacement function but I wasn't
interested in calendar functions only sms messaging and it allowed me to
compile and link.

I will look at it and fix appropriately.

http://www.gnokii.org/