Re: DKU2 module not compiling

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: DKU2 module not compiling
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 00:14:06 +0200

Hi,

On 4/5/06, Chris Kemp <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think that'd probably be fine...but the reason I didn't do that was
> that the nokia_dku2.c in cvs at the moment is a "old" one and quite
> different from the one I committed.  Was there a reason that it is old
> or was that my fault??

I'm a bit confused with "new" and "old" versions. I think your
original version was just polished and simplified a bit. There
shouldn't be much changes wrt it. Or maybe you just dodn't commit the
changes :-)

Please keep in mind that this driver still breaks obex communication
for some phones. There was a discussion about this some time ago and
as a result I still plan to work on the libusb driver to avoid the
confusion (other solution would be much bigger kernel driver). To
summarize the problem endpoint address shouldn't be the only way to
recognize endpoint as FBUS port.

> Probably best to leave as is for a while and if nobody complains switch
> to the new one with your LINUX_VERSION_CODE changes yes?

That's fine with me. I still have the comment of not using 0x82, 0x83,
... Maybe some macro/inline function
IS_FBUS_ENDPOINT_ADDRESS(bEndpointAddress) returning second parameter
to usb_set_interface and probably some help table:
{{ 0x82, -1},
 { 0x83, 4},
 { 0x84, 6},
 { 0x85, 8},