Re: Nokia N70's phonebook

From: Dirk Makowski
Subject: Re: Nokia N70's phonebook
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:41:23 +0100

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, den 22.02.2006, 09:32 +0100 schrieb Pawel Kot:
> Hi,
>
> On 2/21/06, gingkuckuck <address@hidden> wrote:
> > - I had to increase GN_PHONEBOOK_SUBENTRIES_MAX_NUMBER. Set it to 50,
> > don't know how many subentries the N70 actually allows.
>
> OK. I'll increase it. The disadvantage is that we allocate statically
> memory for that. Maybe it is worth making it dynamic.

Maybe you could put this parameter into gnokiirc, so a user could set it
herself.

> > - but some fields are missing:
> >   - Firma (company)
> >   - Position
> >   - Aliasname
> >   - DTMF (whatever that is)
> >   - Benutzerkennung (user id?)
> >   - all postal fields:
> >     - Postfach (PO Box)
> >     - Zusatz (additional?)
> >     - Straße (address)
> >     - Postleitzahl (zip/postal code)
> >     - Stadt (city)
> >     - Bundesland (state/province)
> >     - Land (country)
> >   - Geburtstag (birthday)
>
> Could you give some data type description for the each entry type?

It seems the fields are varchar(50), with the exception of:
- Postfach (PO Box): number (max 20 digits), but keeps leading zeroes
- Geburtstag (birthday): date, formatted as `DD.MM.YYYY'
- DTMF: number (max 60 digits), but keeps leading zeroes
- Postleitzahl (zip/postal code): varchar(20)

Hope it helps.

Have a nice day,

Dirk

P.S.: Sorry for double posting the prev. msg.