Re: Unicode, writephonebook & Nokia 6111

From: Fredrik Ståhl
Subject: Re: Unicode, writephonebook & Nokia 6111
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 11:25:25 +0100

Here's an update to my own post:

A quick and dirty workaround is of course to use latin1 for gnokii, for
example
$ LC_ALL=en_US gnokii --getphonebook ME 5 -v > test.vcf
$ LC_ALL=en_US gnokii --writephonebook --memory ME --vcard --overwrite <
test.vcf

With this, recoding and some shell scripting I was able to export my
phone numbers from evolution to the Nokia 6111. Now it would be nice to
export more fields than name-phone number pairs but I guess that is not
the aim of gnokii. If only the opensync irmc plugin would be fixed
soon...

/Fredrik Ståhl, Sweden