Gnokii and Motorola A835

From: Andrea Riciputi
Subject: Gnokii and Motorola A835
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:12:52 +0100

Hi all,
I'm new to gnokii and I'd like to make it works with my mobile phone, a Motorola A835. I searched the list archive, but I didn't find any message about this phone, and so I tried to configure gnokii in order to talk with my mobile. However I've not been able to make them talk together successfully; my settings are the following:

port = 00-0a-28-c9-5b-5e
model = AT
initlength = default
connection = bluetooth
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
rfcomm_channel = 1
smsc_timeout = 10

but when I try to send or get a sms message I get an error message saying:

Received message type 12
GetSMS ME 1 failed! (Command failed.)

or

Received message type 63
PDU mode not supported
SMS Send failed (Data format is not valid.)

Any suggestion? Is it possible to make gnokii work with this mobile phone?

Thanks,
 Andrea