Re: Nokia 6680 bluetooth not recognized

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Nokia 6680 bluetooth not recognized
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:35:23 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 09:28:44AM +0000, Matthew Brett wrote:
> I cannot get gnokii to recognize my Nokia 6680 using bluetooth.

[...]

> And /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf
> rfcomm0 {
>         bind yes;
>         device 00:13:FD:FA:91:B9;
>         channel 14;
>         comment "Matthews_phone";
> }

There's no need to setup an rfcomm device, gnokii use the socket api
to connect to the phone.

> I notice that, with or without gnapplet running, I get these channels from:

[...]

> So, no channel 14.  Could that be the problem?

It seems gnapplet doesn't register itself properly in the phone, so
sdptool browse doesn't show it. What does gnapplet display when you
start it?

    gnapplet started
    IrCOMM: on
    RfCOMM: on, Ch#14           <--- this is the RfCOMM channel number
    TCP/IP: on, Port#1912
    timeout: ...

Bye,
Bozo