Re: Which model to buy?

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Which model to buy?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 00:47:59 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 10:32:06AM +0200, Matyas Koniorczyk wrote:
> -I would be happy if I could use it on a low-end hardware like my laptop
> (Toshiba
>  Satellite 440 CDT, Pentium 200 MMX, with a USB-1.2 connector, and IR), as I
> will use
>  this laptop at least one more year.

Gnokii runs perfectly on old hardware.

> So what would you suggest? According to the price list of my provider,
> a Nokia 3220 looks feasible. Is it a good choice? What is your experience?
> Should I rather by a cable, or some bluetooth adapter?

Check cables before you buy, there are a lot of cables which aren't
working perfectly with linux:

    http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/

Maybe connecting via bluetooth is a better approach.

> If the latter, which model is the most supported by Linux, and how to
> make it working?

I think most of the usb dongles are working, check the following page
for details:

    http://www.bluez.org/hardware.html

Bye,
Bozo