Re: Gnokii and 3120-DKU-5

From: BOBBY
Subject: Re: Gnokii and 3120-DKU-5
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 05:46:08 +0100 (BST)

--- Navid <address@hidden> wrote:
hi Navid,
U r using the wrong configuration for ur cable in
.gnokiirc file. Because dku-5 is not supported by
gnokii-0.6.5 version. U try to use the new gnokii
version 0.6.8 coz i read in the articles that pkot
added the dku-5 cable driver to it. If its not the
orginal cable by nokia then linux kernel registers
pl2303 driver for it. Its' a third party driver. The
chip used in dku-5 cable for usb-serial conversion is
not orginal and is made by Plorific Inc. As i see ur
dmesg stmt so, try to find "ACM0" in ur dmesg messages
and give
port = /dev/ACM0
connection = serial
if ACM0 not found then try to use the following in ur
.gnokiirc file i.e.
port= /dev/ttyUSB0 (or /dev/ttyUSB1)
connection = serial

Try to use the above config. i think it will work. if
not then try to purchase the orginal cable by nokia
not third party.

Best of luck,
Naveed. (Bobby)