Re: ubuntu linux and nokia 3120

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: ubuntu linux and nokia 3120
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:12:38 +0200

Hi,

2005/8/30, Rosario Turrisi <address@hidden>:
> I installed gnokii on my linux box (ubuntu) and it seems
> to have worked, but... when I plug the DKU5 cable
> and my 3120 I do not get any new device
> doing lsusb, so any try like gnokii --identify or whatever
> fails, of course as the device is not there. Which device should
> I look for? Any hint welcome...

You should have /dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyUSB1. I not sure whether
ubuntu uses udev or devfs, but i belive you should check whether they
have rules to create them.
See also what dmesg says. You may also want to search the archive -- I
wrote an email 'dku5 hints' about what to do to get dku5 to work.

http://www.gnokii.org/